One of my favorite places to be is in the Kitchen at Isabella’s Copper Pot! You will find me in there a couple Saturdays a month teaching cooking classes, not just any cooking class but kids classes!!! That is my happy place! I adore the excitement on the little faces as they enter the door and make their way back to the kitchen. They are eager to learn, taste and get involved in making some seriously delicious food!
We have so much fun in our classes and I just wanted to share a few pictures and recipes of what we have been doing.
I feel like not only are these classes fun for kids but I also hope they will learn from it. From trying new ingredients, learning new kitchen techniques and the how food plays such an important role in our life.
Baked Cheese Ravioli
- Pasta Dough
- 2 Cups Flour
- 3 Eggs (Room temperature)
- 1 T Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt
- Cheese Filling
- ½ Cup Ricotta
- ¼ Cup Parmesan
- ¼ Cup Mozzarella
- ¼ t Italian Seasoning
- ¼ t Garlic Salt
- Breading Mix
- ½ Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- ¼ Cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 Eggs
- Place 2 cups of flour onto your work surface.
- Make a well in the middle of the dough.
- Crack and mix eggs together in a bowl and then pour into the well.
- Add a pinch of salt and olive oil to the eggs.
- Using a fork slowly begin to mix the eggs around pulling in flour from the edges and mixing in each addition until no flour appears in the dough mix and continue adding flour until a thick paste forms.
- Using a bench scraper being to fold the dough into itself, combining the flour and eggs all together.
- Continue mixing the dough until all the flour is worked in and knead for about 3-5 minutes.
- The dough should be smooth, springy and elastic.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the fridge for at least 30 min.
- Once you have let the dough chill you will want to cut in 4 equal pieces. Using a pasta machine and starting on 1 you will want to a piece of the dough through and work your way all the way up to 5, running the dough through each setting 1-5 one time.
- Using either a cookie cutter or ravioli press, cut out your raviolis. Place about a teaspoon of the cheese filling in each ravioli a using a fork seal the edges.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and place the raviolis in the pot and allow to cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool. At this point you can add your
- favorite sauce to the pasta and enjoy or bread them and bake them.
- If you decide to bread the ravioli you will want to wait until the raviolis are cool and then one by one, dip each ravioli into the egg mixture and then the breadcrumb mix and then place the raviolis on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake 10-15 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Allow raviolis to cool and then serve with your favorite pasta sauce. : )
- To Make the Cheese Filling:
- Combine all ingredients and mix until everything is combined.
- To Bread the Ravioli:
- Crack eggs into a shallow dish and add 2 T of water and mix until combined.
- In a separate dish combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
Make sure to sign up for emails on my website to be alerted when new classes are offered. I also try to post them here on the blog.
Happy almost spring!